Congratulations Janella Espiritu for winning the 2014 Giveaway. You’ll get one The Hippie Project sketchpad of your choice, woohoo! :D Please do check your e-mail for some instructions. *hugs*
P.P.S. Thank you to everyone who joined! *hugs*
"What I believe is when it comes to big things in life, there are no accidents. Everything happens for a reason. You’re here for a reason — and it’s not to fail and die.” —Ransom Riggs, Hollow City
Hooray for today!
Today was, by far, one of the most productive days of the month. Read up to half of Fangirl (hopefully finishing it within the week), rewritten all my notes, tried lettering (a newbie at this), 75% done with my chemistry lab full report and currently making my last edits on my 10-page essay. A good way to start the week, eh? :)
Maybe there’s just something about surviving 5 long exams and 2 paper deadlines in one week (a.k.a. hell week hahaha!).
Anyway, I hope everyone a well-spent week ahead! :)
Some people have been asking me about what keeps me this positive. My answer? 5% of my day (I think) is composed of fantasizing about summer and THE Mafi-RIggs-Rossi book signing on April 26!!! ♥
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.— H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Q & A
Where did you buy your time turner necklace?
Book suggestions please?
How do you edit your pictures on your blog?
I just adjust the saturation, brightness, contrast and/or curves of the photos on Photoshop.
For more answered queries: pepperminted.tumblr.com/tagged/q-and-a
Life lately has been composed of…
and times I wish I could bring back and experience all over again.
It has only been a few weeks since the start of the year yet there are already a lot of moments for me to grow and learn from, and days worth writing about. I’m really glad about how 2014 is turning out - filled with manageable and a happy kind of stress, plus more “me time” despite the hectic schedule.
I hope you, guys, are also having a blast a.k.a. well-spent days. :)
“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something. So that’s my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make new mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life. Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”
What’s In My Bag: College Edition
After quite a number of anonymous and non-anonymous requests of a post about what I usually bring to school, I finally have one!!! :) ( Yay! And pardon the delay)
- Ring Binder — Since I’m a bit OC about my class notes, I use a ring binder because I can easily tear off pages with rushed a.k.a. ugly handwriting and refill it if I’ve removed much lol.
- I.D. — I don’t really wear my I.D. around campus so yeah, it just sleeps in my bag.
- Scientific Calculator — Random fact: I can’t imagine my life without this thing. I’d rather go to school with just it, a piece of paper and a pen than forgetting it in my room (never happening again)
- Pencil Case — Contents: 0.3 Pilot G-Tec, 0.5 Faber Castell ballpen, 0.5 and 0.8 Unipin pens, Pentel Marker, pink Dong-A gel pen, correction pen, mechanical pencil, eraser, glue, 6-inch ruler and stapler.
- The Hippie Project Sketchpad turned Notes-to-self/ Quotes/ Thoughts Journal — For the times I feel poetic and come across a quotable quote (Don’t forget to join my THP sketchpad giveway! ♥)
- Planner — Smaller and simpler planner for the forgetful me.
- Tab — for PvZ 2 sessions and storage and viewing of lecture slides (if I’m lucky enough to get my profs’ power point presentations hahaha)
- Earphones — for the dull times and for listening to my professors’ lectures (I really don’t think they’ll come across my blog but just in case: Sorry for recording your wonderful voices.)
- Phone — Yep, I don’t like pink that much :D
- Coin Purse — I got this from a shop near my school and I immediately had love at first sight with its colors :)
- Rubbing Alcohol — for the sickly me who’s prone to cough and colds (Oh and after lab hours too!)
Other things I bring to school but not in the photo:
- Lab manuals
- Plastic envelope — for important forms and course guides
- Umbrella — for the unpredictable weather (rarely used though due to, you know,
I hope everyone’s having a well-spent Saturday! :)